Communications / Public Relations Summer Internship Position
The San Jose Downtown Association’s (SJDA) Communications / PR Summer Internship is ideal for a candidate interested in gaining valuable writing and PR/marketing experience. SJDA provides hands-on experience in a fast-paced, fun, non-profit environment. The seasonal position allows interns a chance to work in a unique and creative atmosphere while gaining skills beneficial to a future career in public relations.
The San Jose Downtown Association seeks an outgoing communications intern with good writing and interpersonal skills to join our fun and energetic team:
- Assisting with SJDA’s weekly electronic newsletter Downtowner Online
- Assisting with writing a variety of media and event materials, including social media
- Fact-checking and / or updating websites
- Assisting with media lists
- Monitoring media / maintaining photo and clip libraries
- Assisting at events with SJDA / downtown information dissemination
Works closely with the Communications Department and indirectly with promotions, events and development.
- MAC proficient – including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of Adobe applications a plus.
- Willingness to learn via hands-on, on-site experience
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and willingness to take on a full range of tasks
Secondary qualification: Video production and editing
Schedule: 18 – 24 hours per week May – August 2013 (course-related requirements negotiable).
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship position, and therefore is not eligible to participate in company benefits, personal time off or paid holidays.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax 408-279-1904.
Posted May 20, 2013
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 287-1520.
May 20, 2013