San Jose Downtown Association (SJDA) Partnership Manager develops and implements membership and sponsorship services. The Partnership Manager is responsible for strengthening relationships with members, city officials, residents, business organizations and neighborhood groups. The Partnership Manager also provides sponsorship sales and related management and development services for SJDA produced events, promotions and programs. The Partnership Manager is a full-time, exempt position and is supervised by and reports to the Director of Marcom and Events.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop an annual plan for membership outreach, sponsorship development and campaign initiatives that align with the highly seasonal nature of SJDA’s events, programs and advocacy.
• Manage, coordinate, facilitate and track member visits and outreach on a monthly basis.
• Recruit new sponsors into our sponsorship program, which includes event-based sponsorships (i.e. title and presenting sponsors), on-site promotions, dasher boards and private parties.
• Develop and implement a sponsor retention plan including targeted touch points, well-executed fulfillment and a sponsor appreciation plan.
• Negotiate, generate, implement and manage sponsorship contracts including fulfillment before, during and after events and programs.
• Develop member-based initiatives and campaign strategies targeted towards SJDA Strategic Goals.
• Implement innovative membership engagement programs including Historic District, Small Business Saturday and Dine Downtown.
• Generate and update membership, sponsorship and partnership materials including welcome packets, sponsorship proposals, thank you letters, final reports and other Business Improvement District (BID) membership focused materials.
• Oversee Salesforce database management including Business Improvement District (BID) membership and sponsorship data.
• Conduct quarterly membership data accuracy work to verify membership records.
• Track and evaluate membership programs and processes for success and effectiveness.
• Supervise volunteers, contractors and interns as necessary.
• Attends SJDA meetings as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• BA/BS degree and 4+ years of experience driving member engagement and revenue growth through relationship building in fund development, partner management, membership or sales roles.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with ability to distill conversations into concrete plans.
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
• Strategic-minded and process-oriented with ability to effectively manage new ways of work.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
• Track record of securing and managing at least $250K in revenue, sponsorship revenue preferred.
• Demonstrated passion for the mission of SJDA and its events.
• Salesforce or other CRM/fundraising database experience.
• Adobe Illustrator, DreamWeaver or other graphic design programs a plus.
$70,000-80,000 annual; competitive benefit package
August 13, 2017 at 5:30pm.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to San Jose Downtown Association, Human Resources
28 N. First St., #1000
San Jose, CA 95113
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.