PBID Urban Management Internship Position
The Property Based Improvement District (PBID) Urban Management Internship is ideal for a candidate interested in gaining firsthand knowledge of the business improvement district industry. The candidate will gain experience in project management, urban design/placemaking, business development and operations.
This internship provides hands-on experience in a fast-paced, fun, non-profit environment. This position provides experience in a unique and creative atmosphere while gaining skills beneficial to a future career in urban design, community development and urban district management.
The Property Based Improvement District seeks a PBID Urban Management Intern with good organization and graphic communication skills to join our fun and energetic team:
- Assist with the implementation of SJDA’s Downtown Street Life Plan projects.
- Support assessment of maintenance needs of Street Life projects and downtown as a whole.
- Attend meetings with PBID staff, city officials and downtown business and community members.
- Assist with program reports, including quantitative analysis of PBID programs. Examples include the annual property owner survey and the downtown pedestrian count.
- Assist with creating project budgets, developing work plans and scheduling meetings.
- Create presentations, photo simulations, diagrams and promotional material.
- Support outreach and scheduling work for the PBID team.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn general urban design, placemaking, or landscape design principles.
- Interest in downtown management operations and economic development.
- Comfortable communicating with the diverse downtown community.
- Familiar with Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Mac proficient – including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Willingness to learn via hands-on, on-site experience.
- Ability to work independently, and willingness to take on a full range of tasks.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and graphic).
Schedule: 10-20 hours per week May – August 2017 (potential for extension into Fall 2017).
This is an unpaid internship position, and therefore is not eligible to participate in company benefits, personal time off or paid holidays.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 12, 2017.
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.