Events and Promotions Fall Internship Position
The San Jose Downtown Association’s (SJDA) Events and Promotions Fall Internship is ideal for a candidate interested in gaining valuable event logistics, promotions and PR/marketing knowledge. SJDA provides hands on experience in a fast-paced, fun, non-profit environment. The seasonal position allows interns a chance to work in a unique and creative atmosphere while gaining contacts and skills beneficial to a future career in a variety of areas, including event production.
Events and Promotions Fall Internship duties consist of providing support to SJDA’s Events and Promotions Manager including the following potential duties:
• Assist in implementing production duties associated with Farmers’ Market (Fridays through November 21); Downtown Ice and HERCity events including, but not limited to: on site logistical set up and vendor load in/load out over site, volunteer staffing and coordination, managing promotional booths and weekly production advance work (i.e. tow zone sign postings, scheduling, advancing and managing weekly entertainers and/or promotional events).
• Managing Farmers’ Market Merchant at Market and Sponsor vendors – including weekly scheduling, advance work and revenue collections (when applicable).
• Assisting with media sponsorship and other partner promotional trade agreements and fulfillment related follow-ups for all events, including primarily Downtown Ice and Downtown Farmers’ Market.
• Developing and tracking promotional marketing efforts – including recap reports, photo and collateral tracking, conducting event surveys and formulating results.
• Assisting with media relations and PR efforts with all events on as-needed basis, including weekly calendar updates for Downtowner Online and Live & Local music listings.
• Assisting with neighborhood and business promotional outreach efforts associated with all events.
• MAC proficient – including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of Adobe applications a plus.
• Willingness to learn via hands-on, on-site experience.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, and willingness to take on a full range of tasks.
Schedule: 18 – 24 hours per week September 2014 – January 2015 (course-related requirements negotiable).
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship position, and therefore is not eligible to participate in company benefits, personal time off or paid holidays.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 408-279-1904.
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 287-1520.
October 8, 2014