POSITION DESCRIPTION: San Jose Downtown Association (SJDA) is a non-profit membership based organization founded in 1986. SJDA represents business and property owners working to enhance the vitality and livability of downtown San Jose.
Under the supervision of Executive Director, the Accounting Manager will manage and perform various accounting activities including developing, implementing and maintaining the accounting systems, policies and procedures; compiling, analyzing and reporting accounting data for management reports and decision-making purposes.
The Accounting Manager is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for all accounting functions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, reimbursable expenses, general ledger, monthly closing procedures, financial reporting and cash management.
• Develops, documents, implements and monitors accounting systems, policies and procedures, including accounting control procedures. Ensures that controls are communicated and adhered to in all processes.
• Manages accounting close cycle; prepares month-end/year-end financial statements. Ensures timely and accurate month-end/year-end close and reporting.
• Analyzes, reviews and maintain overall general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable systems.
• Produces monthly project reports and accurate monthly financial statements.
• Works with outside CPAs with fiscal year-end audited or reviewed financial statements.
• Responsible for management of government contracts with the City of San Jose.
• Responsible for annual reports to the Board of Equalization and County of Santa Clara Assessor’s Office.
• Prepares year-end 1099’s for contractor payments.
• Lead staff to Finance Committee.
• Provides support to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee as needed.
• With Executive Director, manages the functional areas of financial reporting and control, budgeting, forecasting, and audit management information.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• 3-5 years experience in all aspects of accounting.
• Undergraduate or Graduate degree in business administration, accounting or finance
• Preferably working experience with Peachtree accounting software in a fund/non-profit and project accounting environment.
• Must be committed to accuracy, timeliness and working as a team player to assist staff and Board with their requirements for financial information.
• Good communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
• Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000 annual and is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401-K and paid holidays.
DEADLINE: September 26, 2014
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
San Jose Downtown Association, Human Resources
28 N. First St., #1000
San Jose, CA 95113
Events and Promotions Fall Internship Position
The San Jose Downtown Association’s (SJDA) Events and Promotions Fall Internship is ideal for a candidate interested in gaining valuable event logistics, promotions and PR/marketing knowledge. SJDA provides hands on experience in a fast-paced, fun, non-profit environment. The seasonal position allows interns a chance to work in a unique and creative atmosphere while gaining contacts and skills beneficial to a future career in a variety of areas, including event production.
Events and Promotions Fall Internship duties consist of providing support to SJDA’s Events and Promotions Manager including the following potential duties:
• Assist in implementing production duties associated with Farmers’ Market (Fridays through November 21); Downtown Ice and HERCity events including, but not limited to: on site logistical set up and vendor load in/load out over site, volunteer staffing and coordination, managing promotional booths and weekly production advance work (i.e. tow zone sign postings, scheduling, advancing and managing weekly entertainers and/or promotional events).
• Managing Farmers’ Market Merchant at Market and Sponsor vendors – including weekly scheduling, advance work and revenue collections (when applicable).
• Assisting with media sponsorship and other partner promotional trade agreements and fulfillment related follow-ups for all events, including primarily Downtown Ice and Downtown Farmers’ Market.
• Developing and tracking promotional marketing efforts – including recap reports, photo and collateral tracking, conducting event surveys and formulating results.
• Assisting with media relations and PR efforts with all events on as-needed basis, including weekly calendar updates for Downtowner Online and Live & Local music listings.
• Assisting with neighborhood and business promotional outreach efforts associated with all events.
• MAC proficient – including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of Adobe applications a plus.
• Willingness to learn via hands-on, on-site experience.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, and willingness to take on a full range of tasks.
Schedule: 18 – 24 hours per week September 2014 – January 2015 (course-related requirements negotiable).
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship position, and therefore is not eligible to participate in company benefits, personal time off or paid holidays.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 408-279-1904.
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 287-1520.
September 18, 2014