Director of Policy and Operations
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The San Jose Downtown Association (SJDA) Director of Policy and Operations leads SJDA economic development, planning, transportation and advocacy initiatives, directs the Property Based Improvement District (PBID) and the Downtown Community Development Corporation (DCDC).
The Director of Policy and Operations is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Executive Director.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing programs and policies that achieve the goals of the organization.
- Manages PBID operations, budgets and the Property Owners Association board.
- Supervises the Business Development Manager, PBID Operations Manager and Project Manager for Street Life, and other staff as assigned.
- Manages the DCDC board and budget.
- Develops positive relationships, partnerships and collaborations with other downtown stakeholders through personal contact and involvement in other downtown organizations and groups.
- Directs the following committees: Advocacy, Design, Large Commercial Property Owners/Managers and Parking Board. Attends Board of Directors meetings and other committee meetings as appropriate.
- Organizes and provides SJDA leadership for government relations, fee-for-services proposals and advocacy services in response to member issues that impact downtown San Jose.
- Assists with Board development and recruitment of Board members.
- Responsible for analysis and review of departmental systems.
- Represents SJDA and downtown San Jose in public forums, speaker engagements and media interviews.
- Acts as Executive Director during the Executive Director’s scheduled absence.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience.
- Ideal candidate will have a background/experience in special assessment districts, economic development and/or project management.
- Management/supervisor experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of community outreach and development.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communications skills required.
- Computer proficient.
SALARY: $100-130,000 annual; competitive benefit package
DEADLINE: November 1, 2017 at 5:30pm.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to
San Jose Downtown Association, Human Resources
28 N. First St., #1000
San Jose, CA 95113
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.