The Downtown Association is involved in numerous activities and programs:
- Work in collaboration with its Property-Based Improvement District (PBID) for ongoing improvements to downtown’s cleanliness, security, aesthetics and delivery of services.
- Advocate on a number of issues that affect downtown business and property owners
- Enhance the image of downtown and attract new visitors through year-round marketing, public relations, and special events.
- Facilitate the development of parking, housing and retail.
- Provide assistance to downtown business and property owners on day-to-day concerns, working to cut “red tape,” simplify processes and find new solutions.
- Hawaiian Airlines / Kristi Yamaguchi Downtown Ice skating rink
- Downtown Farmers’ Market at San Pedro Square
- Starlight Cinemas
- Dine Downtown
- South First Fridays and Street Market
- Downtown Doors project
- Downtown Dimension newsletter
- Downtowner Online electronic newsletter – to subscribe or submit an event, email email@example.com
- Marketing of downtown parking
- Holiday lighting and décor
- Downtown improvements to its districts: Arena/Diridon Station, City Hall, Convention Center / Cultural, St. James Park and Vicinity, San Jose MarketCenter, San Pedro Square, South First Area, Historic
- Downtown Arts & Dining section in the Official Visitors Guide
- Downtown Arts & Dining gift certificates
- Neighborhood marketing materials
- Downtown Parking website
- San Pedro Square web site
San Jose Downtown Association Financials
To become a member, email Ellen Lee, and include the name of your business, contact name, address, phone number and web information, if you have a website.