The San Jose Downtown Association (SJDA), a non-profit membership-based organization founded in 1986, represents business and property owners and works to enhance downtown’s vitality and livability.
SJDA receives financial support from private sponsors and contributing members, the Business Improvement District and the City of San Jose.
Activities and Programs
The Downtown Association:
- Works in collaboration with its Property-Based Improvement District (PBID) for ongoing improvements to downtown’s cleanliness, security, aesthetics and delivery of services.
- Advocates on a number of issues that affect downtown business and property owners
- Enhances the image of downtown and attract new visitors through year-round marketing, public relations, and special events.
- Facilitates the development of parking, housing and retail.
- Provides assistance to downtown business and property owners on day-to-day concerns, working to cut “red tape,” simplify processes and find new solutions.
- Hawaiian Airlines / Kristi Yamaguchi Downtown Ice skating rink
- Downtown Farmers’ Market at San Pedro Square
- Starlight Cinemas
- Dine Downtown
- South First Fridays and Street Market
- Downtown Doors project
- Downtown Dimension newsletter
- Downtowner Online electronic newsletter – to subscribe or submit an event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing of downtown parking
- Downtown improvements to its districts: Arena/Diridon Station, City Hall, Convention Center / Cultural, St. James Park and Vicinity, San Jose MarketCenter, San Pedro Square, South First Area, Historic
- Downtown Arts & Dining section in the Official Visitors Guide
- Downtown Arts & Dining gift certificates
- Neighborhood marketing materials
- Downtown Parking website
- San Pedro Square web site
San Jose Downtown Association Financials
To become a member, email Ellen Lee, and include the name of your business, contact name, address, phone number and web information, if you have a website.