Downtown Farmers’ Market
The Downtown Farmers’ Market presented by Kaiser Permanente: Farmers bring their fresh fruits and vegetables each Friday, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. from May 5 to mid-November and set up along San Pedro Street between Santa Clara and St. John streets.
The Downtown Farmers’ Market also includes gourmet foods, fresh-cut flowers, arts, crafts and clothing retailers, music, cooking demonstrations, sampling and superb people-watching. For May, look for a lot of early-season berries and greens.
Music in the Park
Music in the Park: The popular concert series returns with another stellar lineup of shows at Plaza de Cesar Chavez. The lineup includes:
- June 23: Katchafire – reggae and roots rock out of New Zealand.
- July 20: Blues Traveler – Rock innovators. bluestraveler.com Early August: Third show to be announced.
- Aug. 25: Featured headliner has earned 17 gold, platinum and multi-platinum awards, and will be announced June 11. Self-described as the “original Afro Cuban jazz rock blues band.”
- Plus an early August show! (Bootsy Collins was going to come but got sick! Heal well Funk Man!)
Starlight Cinemas: Free outdoor movies return to St. James Park on Saturday nights in August. The films screen at dusk with pre-movie food truck, entertainment and games starting at 7 p.m.
- Aug. 5: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone (2001 / PG / adventure, fantasy)
- Aug. 12: Cars (2006 / G / animation, adventure, comedy)
- Aug. 19: Nacho Libre (2006 / PG / comedy); follows the Chacho’s Taco Challenge.
- Aug.26: StarWarsEpisodeVII–ForceAwakens(2015/PG-13/ fantasy, science fiction)
SJDA Partner Events
We work with awesome arts groups and other partners to keep downtown awesome all summer long!
- June 2-3: subzero art festival: Don’t miss the amazing street and gallery fair of art.
- Aug. 4: South First Fridays and STREET MRKT: Galleries in SoFA District and beyond open for a self-guided crawl.
- Aug. 24 – Oct. 12: City Dance. Dance each Thursday from 5:30-9 p.m. to a different genre, such as disco, Bollywood or salsa.
- Sept. 1: South First Fridays and STREET MRKT : A self-guided gallery crawl plus a street fair with local makers, food and more!
- Sept. 24: SoFAStreetFair: The most amazing live and local music showcase ever. Period.
- Oct. 6: South First Fridays and STREET MRKT: The gallery crawl and street market take advantage of Northern California’s long Indian Summers with an October night.