Groundwerx provides enhanced cleaning, ambassador and image enhancement services resulting in improved vitality and increased property values in downtown San Jose. Service commenced Jan. 28, 2008. Download the Groundwerx Brochure
- Create a sparkling and friendly environment for those who live, work and play here.
- Increase property values by improving the overall perception of downtown San Jose.
- Provide private-sector control and accountability.
- Groundwerx clean & green teams use state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly equipment to clean and maintain sidewalks and pedestrian areas.
- Provide basic and premium levels of cleaning services. Premium services will be twice that of the basic services. See map.
- Serve as “eyes and ears” on the street and assist in the deterrence of nuisance crimes, such as graffiti, loitering and panhandling.
- Develop and enable image-enhancing streetscape improvements within the district. The latest example is “The Halo” light show in the Circle of Palms
DOWNLOAD THE DOWNTOWN STREETLIFE PLAN prepared for Groundwerx February 2014.
Due to size of files, each of the six chapters of the Street Life Plan must be downloaded separately.
- Downtown Assets
- Downtown Initiatives
- Characteristics of a Quality Public Realm
- Districtwide Streetscape Improvement Projects
- Focus Areas
Help make downtown sparkle: For Groundwerx Ambassadors and Clean Teams Services, call 408-287-1520. If you have a comment or see that something’s off, call Groundwerx Operations Manager Eric Hon at
408-590-0241 or email email@example.com
For job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.