Groundwerx is hiring
POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Groundwerx/Block By Block is seeking a part-time Office Assistant to join our fun and energetic team. Groundwerx provides cleaning and ambassador services in downtown San Jose and is seeking a part time Office Assistant with prior experience as a receptionist, administrative assistant or a in a related field. The position will be for 20 hours per week and compensation will be at $17.81 per hour. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Provides administrative support for the Program Director, supervisors and staff
• Answer phones calls and requests for information; coordinate appointments and meetings
• Creating a weekly schedule of upcoming local events
• Data entry of statistics, incident reports and contract hours
• Responding to internal radio calls for services; dispatching staff to respond to service calls
• Assisting all walk-in customers with questions or service requests
• Assisting with the training of new hires
• Purchasing office supplies, uniforms and other necessities
• Maintain personnel files, including attendance records; manage sensitive documents and process vacation requests
• Performs other related duties as required
• 3 years experience as a receptionist, administrative assistant, or related experience
• Excellent computer skills; must be experienced with MS Word, Excel, Google Docs and Outlook
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette
• High level of organization and self-motivation, reliable and punctual, able to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize and complete time sensitive assignments
• Flexibility, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks and adapt to changes
• Working knowledge of and trouble-shooting skills for standard office equipment, i.e. computers, copiers, printers, phones, fax, etc.
• Must be friendly, outgoing and dependable with a positive attitude
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment with diverse staff
• Must be able to work well with minimal supervision and open to spending time out in the field and learn as much as possible about the Downtown San Jose area
• Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 25 pounds
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Groundwerx provides enhanced cleaning, ambassador and image enhancement services resulting in improved vitality and increased property values in downtown San Jose. Service commenced Jan. 28, 2008. Download the Groundwerx Brochure
- Create a sparkling and friendly environment for those who live, work and play here.
- Increase property values by improving the overall perception of downtown San Jose.
- Provide private-sector control and accountability.
- Groundwerx clean & green teams use state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly equipment to clean and maintain sidewalks and pedestrian areas.
- Provide basic and premium levels of cleaning services. Premium services will be twice that of the basic services. See map.
- Serve as “eyes and ears” on the street and assist in the deterrence of nuisance crimes, such as graffiti, loitering and panhandling.
- Develop and enable image-enhancing streetscape improvements within the district. The latest example is “The Halo” light show in the Circle of Palms
DOWNLOAD THE DOWNTOWN STREETLIFE PLAN prepared for Groundwerx February 2014.
Due to size of files, each of the six chapters of the Street Life Plan must be downloaded separately.
- Downtown Assets
- Downtown Initiatives
- Characteristics of a Quality Public Realm
- Districtwide Streetscape Improvement Projects
- Focus Areas
Help make downtown sparkle: For Groundwerx Ambassadors and Clean Teams Services, call 408-287-1520. If you have a comment or see that something’s off, call Groundwerx Operations Manager Eric Hon at
408-590-0241 or email email@example.com
For job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.