Groundwerx Program Info
DOWNLOAD THE DOWNTOWN STREETLIFE PLAN prepared for Groundwerx February 2014.
Due to size of files, each of the six chapters of the Street Life Plan must be downloaded separately.
- Downtown Assets
- Downtown Initiatives
- Characteristics of a Quality Public Realm
- Districtwide Streetscape Improvement Projects
- Focus Areas
Groundwerx provides enhanced cleaning, ambassador and image enhancement services resulting in improved vitality and increased property values in downtown San Jose. Service commenced Jan. 28, 2008. Download the Groundwerx Brochure
- Create a sparkling and friendly environment for those who live, work and play here.
- Increase property values by improving the overall perception of downtown San Jose.
- Provide private-sector control and accountability.
- Groundwerx clean & green teams use state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly equipment to clean and maintain sidewalks and pedestrian areas.
- Provide basic and premium levels of cleaning services. Premium services will be twice that of the basic services. See map.
- Serve as “eyes and ears” on the street and assist in the deterrence of nuisance crimes, such as graffiti, loitering and panhandling.
- Develop and enable image-enhancing streetscape improvements within the district. The latest example is “The Halo” light show in the Circle of Palms
Downtown San Jose Art Crosswalks
The Downtown San Jose Property-Based Improvement District (PBID) managed by the San Jose Downtown Association, was established in August 2007 and renewed in June 2012, provides a funding mechanism for the beautification of downtown. The PBID’s overarching goal is to increase the district’s vitality and vibrancy, and ensuring Downtown San Jose as the center of arts, culture and business for the Silicon Valley region. PBID is releasing a Request for Proposal (RFP) for art crosswalk designs to be installed at key locations in the downtown district. These art crosswalks serve to facilitate district pride, pedestrian safety, and elevate the public realm quality of downtown San Jose.
An honorarium of $1,500 will be awarded for the selected design of the art crosswalks. More than one design may be awarded.
To be considered for this project, send the proposal and requested information no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 21, 2014 to the San Jose Downtown Association PBID. Attention: Jason Su, 28 N. First Street, Suite #1000, San Jose, CA 95113 or electronically at email@example.com.
Help make downtown sparkle: For Groundwerx Ambassadors and Clean Teams Services, call 408-287-1520. If you have a comment or see that something’s off, call Groundwerx Operations Manager Eric Hon at
408-590-0241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.