Events and Promotions Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION: San Jose Downtown Association (SJDA) Events and Promotions Manager will oversee and organize events and promotions that will further the brand of downtown San Jose and create economic impact.
The Events and Promotions Manager is a full-time, exempt position and is supervised by and reports to the Managing Director.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages and implements SJDA special events and promotions, specifically, but not limited to, the following: Downtown Farmers’ Market, Music in the Park, Starlight Cinemas, Brews + Bites and Downtown Ice, including overseeing the construction process.
- Responsible for creating and launching new events and promotions aligned to the SJDA Strategic Goals and member’s needs.
- Manages SJDA’s neighborhood promotions and events (i.e. SoFA, Historic District, San Pedro Square) and acts as the primary liaison between neighborhood, event sub-contractors, SJDA and any other necessary entity.
- Supports partner events with key logistics which many include support on grant applications, facilitating connections between event organizers and businesses and producing components of events (i.e. City Dance).
- Prepares and manages event budgets and coordinates with marketing, communications and sponsorship to ensure adherence. Conducts post event budget management and tracking.
- Manages all contracts, services, city agreements, insurance, event maps and other related documents necessary for event production and promotion of events including pulling all necessary permits.
- Hires, retains and manages professional sub-contractors, staff, consultants, event-suppliers, interns and partners when needed to accomplish these objectives.
- Manages and reconciles all event-related logs including, but not limited to, Farmers’ Market non-agricultural vendor revenue, concession reports, trackable event promotions and ice rink admissions revenue.
- Oversees the management of inventory and storage of event production supplies.
- Coordinates promotional outreach activities at non-SJDA events.
- Represents SJDA to downtown businesses and SJDA members, and coordinates promotional activity participation and communication with them.
- Availability on evenings and weekends required during events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience in event management
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- A knack for problem-solving and on-the-spot decision making during events
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with ability to distill conversations into concrete plans.
- Strategic-minded and process-oriented with ability to effectively manage new ways of work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude, sense of humor and customer-service orientation.
- Demonstrated passion for the mission of SJDA and its events.
- Project management software experience.
SALARY: Salary range is $75,000 – $90,000 and is commensurate with experience; competitive benefit package
DEADLINE: February 23, 2020 at 5:30pm.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to
San Jose Downtown Association, Human Resources
28 N. First St., #1000
San Jose, CA 95113
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.