POSITION DESCRIPTION: San Jose Downtown Association (SJDA) Membership & Program Coordinator supports
membership, communications, marketing and sponsorship services management and development services for SJDA
produced events, promotions and programs.
The Membership & Program Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position and is supervised by and reports to the Partnership Manager.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
● Provide top-notch customer service to members, event goers, and the general public
● Coordinate and manage membership communications through email, mailed newsletters and in-person
● Support and maintain Salesforce database with accurate, up-to-date information on members and contacts
● Assist with processing new businesses, upgraded and associate memberships and closed businesses
including updating Salesforce, managing renewal campaigns and processing payments as needed
● Manage the curation of weekly calendar of events happening in Downtown San Jose for use in Downtowner
Online, member communications and social media
● Coordinate outreach meetings as needed which includes ad hoc meetings, committee meetings and parking outreach
● Assist with key programs by managing participation sign-ups, tracking payments, following up with
participants and distributing promotional materials
● Assist with program and event surveys including data entry as needed
● Assist with compiling reports such as the bi-annual economic development scope of services report, grant
reports and inventory of downtown parking
● Coordinate ParkSJ validation program including maintaining master validation list, monitoring validation
businesses, outreach to new and existing businesses and member communications
● Provide support to the Downtown Foundation including the Downtown Doors program
● Coordinate with all sponsors and partners on the collection of logos and approvals for marketing collateral
● Provide on-site support to the Events and Promotions Manager at events
● Provide phone and email support for all events to help members and event goers with information, ticket
purchases, website navigation, hours and more
● Manage distribution of marketing collateral for all events including posters, fliers, and downtown kiosks
● Support the creation of promotional email blasts and social media posts
● Manage event vendor payment processing
● Order event supplies as needed
● BA/BS degree and 2+ years of experience or equivalent experience in project management, administrative
support or customer service.
● Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
● Process-oriented with ability to effectively manage new ways of work.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
● Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
● Demonstrated passion for the mission of SJDA and its events.
● Salesforce or other CRM/fundraising database experience.
● Adobe Illustrator, DreamWeaver or other graphic design programs a plus.
SALARY: Salary range is $45,000 – $55,000 and is commensurate with experience; competitive benefit package.
DEADLINE: November 17, 2019 at 5 p.m.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to
San Jose Downtown Association, Human Resources
28 N. First St., #1000
San Jose, CA 95113
Updated October, 2019
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.