2019 Events and Promotions Internship Position
The San Jose Downtown Association’s (SJDA) Events and Promotions Internship is ideal for a candidate interested in gaining valuable event logistics, operations, promotions and media sponsorship experience. SJDA provides hands on experience in a fast-paced, fun, non-profit environment. The position allows interns a chance to work in a unique and creative atmosphere while gaining contacts and skills beneficial to a future career in a variety of areas, including event production.
Events and Promotions Internship duties consist of providing support to SJDA’s Events and Promotions Manager including the following potential duties:
- Assist with promotional and/or production duties associated with events that pertain to semester availability, including: Farmers’ Market (Fridays May 3 thru Nov. 1); Music in the Park Concerts (June 21, July 19, Aug. 1, Aug. 23.); Starlight Cinemas (July 13, 27, Aug 3, 17) Dine Downtown (July 19 – 28); and partnered Public Space Activation related events.
- Experiences may include assisting with: production/logistical planning and advance work; vendor and sponsor outreach/pre-event advancements; on site set up/strike management of vendors/contractors/ sponsors and volunteer scheduling and oversight.
- Assist with fulfilling media sponsorship and other partner promotional trade agreements, including serving as liaison between partners and SJDA internal Communications and Marketing team and ensuring trade agreements are executed and logos/information mutually shared via agreed upon marketing assets.
- Assist with developing and tracking promotional marketing efforts. Experiences may include: ensuring events are cross-promoted at other events with on site signage/collateral; photo and collateral archiving for event recap reports: conducting event surveys and formulating results.
- Assist with neighborhood and business promotional outreach efforts associated with all events.
- MAC proficient – including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of Adobe applications and shared Google Docs a plus.
- Willingness to learn via hands-on, on-site experience.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – comfortable with face-to-face and phone conversations with variety of partners.
- Ability to work independently, and willingness to take on a full range of tasks.
10 to 25 hours per week, with opportunities to gain more experience hours during event days.
This is an unpaid internship position, and therefore is not eligible to participate in company benefits, personal time off or paid holidays.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax: 408-279-1904.
SJDA is a non-profit membership based organization founded in 1986 that represents business and property owners working to enhance the vitality and livability of downtown San Jose. The purpose of the San Jose Downtown Association is to improve business conditions in downtown San Jose and promote a positive image of downtown through advertising, public relations and outdoor events. Go to www.sjdowntown.com for more information.
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.