Viva CalleSJ 2019 : Sunday, September 22, 2019
ABOUT THE EVENT
- Viva CalleSJ (10 AM – 3 PM) – The open streets program temporarily connects 6 miles of San Jose streets to bring communities together to walk, bike, skate, play and explore the city in streets free of cars.
- While there is a Viva CalleSJ 5k component within the route, Viva CalleSJ is not a race and there are no start or end points. People can join in at any point along the “Parks to Roses” route and visit hubs along the route at Backesto, Arena Green, and Rose Garden
STREET CLOSURES Sunday, September 22, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 4:00PM
- Jackson Street – Closed between N 15th and 3rd
- N. 3rd Street – Closed between Jackson and Santa Clara
- St. John – Closed between 3rd and Autumn St
- Market St – Closed between St. James and St. John St
- Autumn St – Closed between St. John and San Fernando St
- Santa Clara – Closed between Delmas Ave and Stockton
- The Alameda – Closed between Stockton Ave and Emory St
- Naglee Ave – Closed between Alameda and Garden Dr
- W. Taylor St – Closed between The Alameda and Myrtle St
Please note the following street intersections do allow vehicles to cross during the event:
- 11th St and Jackson St.
- 10th St and Jackson St.
- 4th St. and Jackson St.
- 3rd St. and St. James
- 2nd St. and St. John St.
- 1st St. and St. John St.
- W Santa Clara St. and Cahill St.
- Naglee Ave. and Park Ave.
For information on Viva CalleSJ please visit http://www.vivacallesj.org/
Rock ‘n’ Roll San Jose Road Closures
Save the date for the Michelob Ultra Rock ‘n’ Roll San Jose Half Marathon and 10kon Sunday, October 6, 2019 and the 5k and KiDS Rock on Saturday, October 5, 2019. Please share this information with residents, neighborhood groups and business associations in your area.
The race route is the same this year as last, allowing access to the downtown area via Coleman Avenue. Click on the links below to see how the route and road closures may affect you. To help avoid road closures on race day, download the Waze App to your smart phone!
Farmers' Market Street Closures - Fridays, May 3 - Nov. 1 (except July 5)
Every Friday during the market season from May 3 – November 1 (except for Friday, July 5), San Pedro Street will be closed to non-Farmers’ Market
vendors from St. John Street at 8 a.m. and from Santa Clara Street at 8:30 a.m.
Additionally, the entrance and exit to the Market & San Pedro Garage will only occur on Market Street from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We will have A-Frames on Santa Clara Street and St. John Street directing traffic to enter via Market Street. The garage and San Pedro Street will resume normal operations by 3:30 p.m. on Fridays.